CMA® (Certified Management Accountant)
CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) certification is a professional credential that is earned in the advanced management accounting and financial management fields. The certification signifies that the person possesses knowledge in the areas of financial planning, financial reporting, analysis, control, decision support, and professional ethics, the skills most in demand on finance teams around the world. The CMA is a U.S.-based, globally recognized certification issued by The Institute of Certified Management Accountants.
For more than 40 years, the CMA® certification has been the global benchmark for management accountants and financial professionals. Why? Because CMAs can explain the “why” behind numbers, not just the “what.” And that can give you greater credibility, higher earning potential, and ultimately a seat at the leadership table.
Part 1: Financial Reporting, Planning, Performance, and Control
Part 2: Financial Decision Making
Each Exam is 4 hours, with 100 multiple-choice questions (3 hours) and 2 written response scenarios (1 hour).
Requirements to be a CMA
- Active membership in the IMA (Institute of Management Accountants).
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university or a related professional certification.
- Two continuous years of professional experience in management accounting or financial management, which can be completed after passing the exam.
- Passing Parts 1 and 2 of the CMA exam.
CMA Exam Fees
There are four separate fees for taking the CMA exams:
- IMA Membership: $220 annually (discounts are available for students, academics, and young professionals)
- IMA Registration Fee: $15 one-time payable with your first year of membership
- CMA Exam Entrance Fee: $250 (good for 3 years)
- CMA Exam Registration Fee: $415 per Part
When To Take the Exam
The CMA Exams are offered during the following testing windows:
- January / February
- May / June
- September / October
Why Study with HOCK UAE?
One dedicated and experienced instructor for each Part.
Focus and follow-up with every candidate until passing the exam.
Access to the instructor between classes and after classes end.
Genuine HOCK international materials with every class.
HOCK Materials Included
Comprehensive textbooks in PDF and hard copy with complete coverage of the exam syllabus.
Practice previous exam questions online and offline, with full explanations for all answers.
Quickly study formulas and main concepts with PowerPoint electronic flash cards.
Mock exams with new questions not used elsewhere provide a final review before the real exam.